QUIT YOUR WAY – Local Stop Smoking Support. During the current Covid-19 Pandemic face to face community stop smoking services have been temporarily suspended and we are currently providing telephone based support.
Please call for an appointment on 0131 537 9914 .
No lectures, No pressure, Just support.
- Health Benefits begin soon after you smoke your last cigarette:
- Within 20 minutes, your blood pressure drops
- Within 8 hours, carbon monoxide levels in your blood drop to normal
- At 24 hours, your risk of a heart attack begins to fall
- At 2 weeks to 9 months, you can breathe easier as you can get more air into your lungs
- At 1 year, your risk of heart disease and stroke from smoking drops by 50%
- At 5 years, your risk of stroke is the same as a non-smoker
- At 10 years, your risk of heart disease equals that of a non-smoker
Additional information for smokers and friends and family, stop plans, advice on reasons to stop smoking (including benefits, a saving calculator, advice on smoking in pregnancy and second-hand smoke).